1) Clean and sterilise your fermentation bin, lid and mixing paddle with proprietary brand of cleaner steriliser ensuring you rinse thoroughly with clean water.
2) Remove the beer yeast sachet from the bottom of the pouch and set aside for now.
3) Stand the pouch in hot water for 15 minutes to soften the extract.
4) Tear open the pouch and pour the malt extract into your sterilised fermentation bin, rinse out any remains using warm water and add to the fermentation bin.
5) Boil 3ltr of water, add to the fermenter. Add 1kg of dextrose brewing sugar or for improved results and 1kg of beer enhancer and stir until dissolved. (Do not use beer enhancer if making gluten free beer).
6) Top up to 23ltr with cold tap water and stir well. Check liquid temperature is below 25C then add the contents of the beer yeast sachet and stir gently.
7) Fit and airlock to the lid of the fermentation bin then secure lid to the bin, making sure the seal is air-tight. Half fill the airlock with water to protect the brew during fermentation.
Ritchies Simply Beer Instructions
Please note: The information in these instructions are not owned by BrewCo, and are obtained from suppliers of the kits.