Lalvin 71B™ has been isolated and selected by INRA Narbonne (France), for its ability to produce a high level of esters (isoamyl ester), allowing it to reinforce the aromatic profile of wines fermented from neutral varieties. Lalvin 71B™ has the capacity to absorb polyphenolic compounds on its cellular wall which limits tannin structure of young and fresh red wine.
Grape must inoculated with Lalvin 71B™ will easily go through malolactic fermentation, as 20-40% of malic acid can be metabolized by this yeast strain during primary fermentation. Lalvin 71B™ is the perfect choice to create young, fresh and fruity red, rosé and white wines that are easy to drink. It is also a good choice for late harvest wines.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. cerevisiae
Typical analysis (in compliance with OIV codex):
Viable yeast > 1010 CFU/g
Dry matter > 92 %
- Short lag phase and moderately vigorous fermentation
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Low H2S production
- Alcohol tolerance 14% v/v *subject to fermentation
- Low SO2 production
- High relative glycerol production
- Fermentation temperature: 15-30 °C (59-86 °F)
- Competitive killer factor: no, Lalvin 71B™ is a sensitive strain
- Malolactic-bacteria compatibility: very high
- Malic acid consumption: high
- Medium foam producer
DOSAGE RATE: 1 x 5g sachet for 4.5 – 23L
1. Rehydrate the yeast in 50ml of water, at a temperature between 35-37°C (95-98.6°F).
2. Dissolve by gently stirring and wait for 20 minutes.
3. Add the must. The difference in temperature between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should not be higher than 10°C (if necessary, acclimatize the temperature of the medium by slowly adding must).
4. The total rehydration time should not exceed 45 minutes.
5. It is crucial that a clean container is used to rehydrate the yeast.
6. Rehydration in must is not recommended.
All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day, although we will strive to dispatch all orders as soon as possible.
We use Royal Mail 48 Tracked for most orders, although also use FedEx for next day delivery if chosen at checkout and also for some of our bigger orders.
Shipping time might vary depending on location and other factors.
If you require any items in a hurry, please get in contact and we will see what we can do to accommodate this.
Orders over £60 will have free shipping, although next day will accrue a £1.99 charge.
Orders under £60 will be charged for shipping depending on your chosen delivery method and country. Full price will be displayed at checkout.
Up to 250g - £2.99
251-500g - £3.99
501g-5kg - £5.49
5kg-15kg - £6.99
15kg and over £7.99
Refunds & Returns
Refunds & Returns
Thanks for shopping at Brewco Brewing LTD.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here to help.
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Your item must be in the original packaging.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.Refunds
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned
item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, contact us.
Email - email@example.com