The Bulldog Brewer has evolved into the Bulldog Master Brewer. It is a completely re-worked machine with many added advanced features and improvements.
You can now be your own master micro brewer and create a wealth of interesting beer types from hops, grain and water and of course some beer yeast.
There are similar products on the market today, but with a hefty price tag making them out of reach for most home brewers. We have gone to great length to develop a high quality, low price version with all the features you need and a few more actually.
Start with crushed grain, then mash, lauter, sparge, boil and cool, all in the one high quality stainless steel unit. Gain full control over your brewing, from ingredients through to the final beer of any type or style. The options are limitless!
The Bulldog Master Brewer comes with advanced automatic time and temperature control. Simply set your mashing temperature and rest time for up to 9 steps on the display, then let the Brewer to sort out the mashing for the steps while the pump slowly circulates the wort. It will turn itself off after the rest time, so no problem if you happen to forget it.
After mashing, it is time for lautering (draining the malt bed).Just lift up the inner malt basket (the inner bucket with straining bottom) and fix it in the top position on the Brewer and let the wort drain into the body of the Brewer. You can program this in as a separate step, so you can continue the automatic program once you have handled the lautering manually.
Pre-heat enough water (according to your recipe) to rinse out the last goodies from the malt, by slowly pouring it over the malt bed, still with malt pipe in top position. Or buy the Bulldog Sparger which does the pre-heating for you. The Bulldog Sparger uses the pump from the Master Brewer so you don't need to place it higher than the Brewer. This is of course also a step in your full program, so the Brewer will tell you when to start this and when to stop.
Remove the malt basket, use a Bulldog Hop Spider or similar strainer and add hops for the time you set in your program. The Brewer will beep to tell you when to do something. You can also use a boiling bag, but because that is restraining the hops more, you may need to increase the dose a little. Be careful during the boil, remember boiling wort it is VERY hot.
Finally, connect up the spiral wort chiller to your cold water tap to rapidly cool your wort down to fermentation temperature, transfer to fermenter, pitch the yeast and that is it! One cool feature is that the Master Brewer handles negative steps as well. So if you create a last step "transfer to fermenter when cool enough", then the brewer will automatically monitor temp for you during cooling and let you know when you have reached your target temperature.
Bulldog Master Brewer features
- Superior quality 304 grade stainless steel construction
- Double wall stainless boiler - you don't lose any heat!
- Hardened glass lid so you can see what is happening
- Heavy duty handles for safe lifting
- Stainless steel ball valve outlet
- Stainless steel Bazooka filter
- Heavy duty magnetic drive pump
- Full size malt basket for large grain bills (9 kgs max)
- Detachable step mashing controller (9 steps)
- Stainless steel malt basket with heavy duty fine bottom mesh
- Concealed electric elements for easy cleaning
- Precise electronic temperature control via display, +/- 1°C
- Capacity (brewer) 30L (malt basket) 26L, finished beer 25L
- 2.2kW heating elements, power settings adjusted via display
- Full independent control of power, temperature and time for all steps
- Stainless steel spiral wort chiller with fittings for tap
- Temperature monitoring with display during cooling
- Automatic overtemp cutout and overheat protection for max safety
- 12 months "no quibble" repair policy